Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What a difference !!

Please note: I have full permission from my son to share the following information. Last year my son was getting a straight up (F-) in Latin. Last report card he was getting an (A). Finals are again, getting graded and in came the results ... I was informed by my son that he got a 96% on his Latin final this week and there were 200 points total. He pointed out to me that last year he was getting 2% and 3%. This turn around happened in all his classes after med's for his ADHD and a special person who asks about his progress on a regular basis.....here is the evidence, the published information out there states ADD/HD patients respond best to coaching. We tend to get busy upstairs and in the process a low self esteem snowball affect takes over. A little you can do it takes us a long way ... from F's and D's to A's and B's.
I read about the sabotage issue last evening (seeing yesterdays post). The information stated that the behavior of sabotaging is a sub-conscience attempt to self protect. Author, Sari Solden encouraged us to take the time to recognize and slowly change in stages. I like that idea ~

Thanks to God for my beautiful mind ~

No comments: