Saturday, February 17, 2007

Correction made on "Dr. Whatever and more" ....

My apologies ... I went back and changed/corrected something I said in my last post RE: working with a Doctor ...
I said I had not worked with a Doctor up until now and of course that is all together silly. I had two Doctors diagnose me separately (not on purpose), just worked out that way and I took advantage of the permissions given. My primary Doctor deals with all AD/HD patients at my clinic and I have had him on board for the length of this or since the beginning.
Dr. Normal is really trying to help my get symptoms under controll ... I would have stayed with the last pschyologists but he had zero to offer and let me know that up front in a round about way. He attempted to reach into the diet and nutrition area of my life but before that he had asked me a question about continuing and I got it right away that he did not see the need and it would be hard to justify re-visits..he offered expensive support groups and I got some books out of him and I knew it was time to look elsewhere. This is an experience I have had many times even while just reading articles on ADD/HD, even Doc. Norm acknowledges this dark hole in the system for ADD/HD.
As of yesterday, Dr. Normal and I are looking at my sleep ... very important and could change my life ... stay tuned and we will see!

I should say that I have been feeling great lately as well and I'm of course excited now about learning to dance around my beautiful mind and sensory sensitivities. I see all of the strengths and I said this week to some friends of mine ....I'm gonna make people want to have ADD/HD !
I have a beautiful mind and I'm truly thankful~

No comments: